Pay for Performance - Existing Buildings - Participation Steps
Participating in the Pay for Performance Program is easy. Just follow this step-by-step process...
- Select a program partner from this list of approved partners. Be sure to download this flyer for tips on how to select a partner as well as ideas for what to expect from your working relationship.
- Submit Application Package - With your assistance, your partner will download and complete the Application and Participation Agreement and submit the forms and required documentation according to the Instructions section of the application.
- Receive Approval Notice - Program representatives will review your application package and if approved, will send a notice to proceed. A case manager will be assigned to your project.
- Develop Benchmarks and Goals. Your partner will benchmark your building, identify performance goals and create an energy reduction plan to achieve no less than 15% energy savings.
- Submit Your Plan - Your partner will submit your energy reduction plan, a complete benchmarking report and partner-participant contract with a request for Incentive #1 as defined in the participation agreement. When the energy reduction plan is approved, you will receive Incentive #1.
- Implement Your Project - Your partner will help you with the bidding process and will monitor construction to ensure that the appropriate steps are being taken to achieve the expected performance goals.
- Submit Request for Second Incentive - Your partner will submit a request for Incentive #2 along with the material and labor invoices when the project is complete. When approved, you will receive Incentive #2.
- Submit Request for Final Incentive - Within approximately 12 months after the project is completed, your partner will re-benchmark the building and submit a request for Incentive #3 along with the post-construction benchmarking report. If the building performance goal is met, you will receive Incentive #3.