Changes to HVAC Program Guidelines:
Please see the program change notice for a complete summary of FY2017 changes and follow the eligible measures document for a full list of eligible equipment and rebates in addition to new program requirements.
Effective January 1, 2017, the following changes to the Residential HVAC Program include:
- Collecting the permit number on applications or a copy of the permit application to be submitted with WARMAdvantage and COOLAdvantage applications.
- To align with the current COOLAdvantage application requirements, a copy of the AHRI certificate must be submitted with WARMAdvantage applications; if not available, a copy of the ENERGY STAR® listing may be provided instead.
- Manual J load calculations for heating systems must be submitted and equipment must be selected in accordance with ACCA Manual S.
Manual J&S Trainings
- Properly perform and document required Manual J load calculations
- Select properly sized equipment based on ACCA Manual S
- Qualify customers for utility HVAC rebates
- Offer better HVAC performance and energy efficiency
- Increase customer satisfaction and comfort
- Reduce customer complaints and callbacks
- More dates will be announced shortly
Technicians earn 6 NATE CEHs toward re-certification in all specialties except Refrigeration Installation, and/or 3 BPI CEUs. Bring a bagged lunch and a calculator.
Date: Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Time: 7:30 am to 5 pm
New Jersey Natural Gas
1415 Wyckoff Road
Wall, NJ 07719
Date: Tuesday, January 24, 2017
Time: 7:30 am to 5 pm
520 Green Lane
Union, NJ 07083
Space is limited, so sign up today!
Opportunity to Become a Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Participating Contractor
Upcoming Program Orientations: February 2 and March 2 in Iselin, NJ. Please contact Angela Burney for more details, firstname.lastname@example.org
HVAC Portal Information
The HVAC Portal has been developed to provide contractors and customers with access to online application portals for the WARM and COOLAdvantage Programs.
Training was previously held to introduce contractors to the online application portals and a recording of the training session is available below. However, you may find the abbreviated guide of how to use the online portal helpful.
Play recording (52 min 55 sec)
Please note that we anticipate that hard copy applications will no longer be accepted beginning July 1, 2017, so make sure you learn how to use the portal, which is a much more efficient method of submitting applications. The HVAC portals can also be accessed and utilized via Tablet and Smart Phones (Android, iPhone).
Please find out the latest regarding the cooperative advertising program.