RPS Rule Revisions Stakeholder Group
New Jersey Renewable Portfolio Standards (RPS) (N.J.A.C. 14:8-2) are in the process of being amended to meet the goals set forth in the Governor's Energy Master Plan (EMP) (released October 2008). Goal 3 of the EMP calls for the State to exceed the current RPS and meet 30% of the State's electricity needs from renewable sources by 2020. Stakeholders are invited to provide input in rule changes/amendments that would support the following mandates:
- Increase the RPS from 20% to 30% by 2020
- Extend RPS out to years 2021 to 2025
- Develop 900 MW of biofuels and biomass as part of the State's 2020 RPS
- Develop New Jersey's wind energy resources including up to 200 MW of onshore wind by 2020
Amendments for the fixed solar energy goal (2,120 GWh by 2020) and offshore wind (3000 MW by 2020) are already under development. Together, it is estimated that these renewable energy goals will provide more than 20,000 GWh of clean and renewable electricity generation to the State's consumers by 2020. Based on projected reductions in energy consumption and the cogeneration goals, listed under Goal 1 and Goal 4 of the EMP, the total demand for electricity supply in the State may be as low as 68,300 GWh in 2020. This would result in renewable energy supplying approximately 30% of the State's overall electricity demand.
Please see the Petition of ACE for Declaratory Order on Definition of SRECs
Below you will find a link to the Draft NJ RPS 2009 Annual Report.
The link above may contain pages that are heavily shaded or unreadable. The same information is available in the links below:
- Draft NJ RPS 2009 Annual Report (Pages 1-4)
- Draft NJ RPS 2009 Annual Report (Pages 5-13)
- Draft NJ RPS 2009 Annual Report (Pages 14-20)
- Draft NJ RPS 2009 Annual Report (Pages 21-30)
- Draft NJ RPS 2009 Annual Report (Pages 31-37)
|Next Meeting Date:||January 31, 2011
At the January 31, 2011 meeting we will review the RY 2010 compliance data and discuss the kind of information that should be included in the 2010 RPS Annual Report.
|Location:||BPU Trenton Office,
Multi-purpose Room (1st Floor),
44 S. Clinton Avenue,
|Call in #:||TBD|
|Meeting Notes:||Meeting Notes Archive|
* All Meeting Dates subject to change.
Return to the full list of Clean Energy Committees.