Flip Your Fridge to ENERGY STAR®
- Make a difference for the environment. Replacing your old refrigerator with a new one that has earned the ENERGY STAR could save you $250 on your energy bills over the next five years!
- On top of the lower energy bills, you can save even more with a rebate up to $75 towards the purchase of a new ENERGY STAR refrigerator.
- Make sure your old refrigerator is properly recycled (and get another $50) to prevent even more greenhouse gas emissions and help preserve precious resources.
A new ENERGY STAR certified refrigerator
uses less energy than two 60-watt light bulbs.
Replacing Your Old Refrigerator Saves Energy, Money, and the Environment:
- On average, a 15-year old refrigerator uses twice as much energy as a new ENERGY STAR refrigerator.
- Replacing a 15-year old refrigerator with one that has earned the ENERGY STAR could save you $50 or more a year in utility costs.
Properly Recycle Your Old Refrigerator:
- By keeping that old refrigerator in your basement or garage, you could be wasting $110 per year.
- We can help you responsibly recycle your old refrigerator and/or freezer and provide a $50 incentive. You'll be glad to know that approximately 95% of each appliance is recycled!
- Properly recycling your old refrigerator prevents the release of refrigerants and foams that contribute to climate change.
A New ENERGY STAR Certified Refrigerator Has Extra Benefits:
Compared to 15-year old refrigerators, new ENERGY STAR certified refrigerators include energy saving features that provide performance benefits, including:
- High efficiency compressors that create less heat and are often quieter than standard compressors
- Improved insulation located in doors and exterior walls to help food stay cold and muffle noise
- More precise temperature and defrost mechanisms that help the refrigerator operate more efficiently, while ensuring food is kept at the optimum temperature
- Innovative drawer designs and improved temperature controls to keep your food fresher, longer
- New ENERGY STAR refrigerators come in all the latest designs, including French door, side-by-side, bottom- and top-mount freezer, with more efficient use of space and better access to food
It’s better for you and the environment to replace your old refrigerator than to hang on to it. Not only will you benefit from the features a new ENERGY STAR refrigerator offers, you could cut your energy costs and environmental impact in half.