Pay for Performance - New Construction - Participation Steps
Participating in the Pay for Performance Program is easy. Just follow this step-by-step process...
- Select a Program Partner from this list of approved new construction partners. Be sure to download this flyer for tips on how to select a partner as well as ideas for what to expect from your working relationship.
- Submit Application Package - With your assistance, your partner will download and complete the Application and Participation Agreement and submit the forms and required documentation.
- Receive Approval Notice - Program representatives will review your application package and if approved, will send a notice to proceed. A case manager will be assigned to your project.
- Discuss Goals - Review building plans with your partner and discuss energy efficiency goals. Your partner will create a proposed energy reduction plan to achieve no less than 5% energy costs below the current energy code (15% for multifamily buildings).
- Submit Your Plan - Your partner will submit your proposed energy reduction plan, a computer simulated energy model of your building and a partner-participant contract to your case manager with a request for Incentive #1 as defined in the participation agreement. When the proposed energy reduction plan is approved, you will receive Incentive #1.
- Implement Your Project – Your partner will help you with the bidding process and will monitor construction to ensure that the appropriate steps are being taken to achieve the expected performance goals outlined in the proposed energy reduction plan. Any changes between the proposed design and as-built conditions will be documented by your partner in an As-Built Energy Reduction Plan.
- Complete Commissioning - Your partner will complete Commissioning of the building system, or otherwise work with the project's certified Commissioning Authority, and submit a complete Commissioning Report to your case manager along with a request for Incentive #2. Assuming program requirements are still met, you will receive Incentive #2.
Measure Building Performance - Provide 12 months of post-construction utility bills to your partner who will benchmark the building in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager. If building receives a score of 75 or more and obtains ENERGY STAR Certification you will receive the final incentive.